We’ve been busy this summer here at Spark Point HQ. With several new clients coming aboard this fall and a growing strategy practice, we are in search of our next hire … a Fundraising Specialist.
This position is an opportunity to join us in an exciting period of business growth and development. Spark Point has grown revenue consistently over the past five years and doubled our client roster in the last 18 months. This new team member will work closely with our CEO to grow our fundraising strategy practice. Our ideal candidate will bring an entrepreneurial and process-oriented mindset to our small, dedicated team.
In the first year, the Fundraising Specialist will work across the firm’s fundraising strategy and grant writing client portfolios. As the strategy practice grows, the position will shift to an increased focus on strategy work – assisting clients in developing and in some cases implementing growth-oriented fundraising strategies.
The Fundraising Specialist will work alongside our clients to ensure that Spark Point is an indispensable part of their team. You will be trained on Spark Point’s client management processes, tools, and templates, including our Spark Time online assessment tool. In addition to our learning culture, we expect you to bring your own perspective, experiences, and strategic thinking to your work with us. You will be successful in this role if you are curious, great at connecting the dots, and known as an effective written and interpersonal communicator.
In the first year, the Fundraising Specialist is expected to split time between grant writing (60%) and fundraising strategy (40%) projects. The position will be assigned grant proposals and reports for various clients and over time and as the strategy practice grows, their responsibilities for fundraising strategy projects will increase.
Fundraising strategy responsibilities include 1) conducting fundraising assessments; 2) producing custom strategies and implementation plans; and 3) supporting project management for client relationships. The Fundraising Specialist will work closely with the CEO and engage with them in active learning and continuous quality improvement through strategy review sessions.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Use project management and coordination skills to meet or beat all deadlines for client deliverables
- Build strong relationships on a foundation of respect, compassion, and kindness
- Protect and maintain Spark Point’s brand and reputation by maintaining the highest professional standards of performance, ethics, and integrity
- Identify and pursue opportunities for professional development with support from the CEO
- Represent Spark Point Fundraising at client events as needed
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Fundraising Specialist is a critical member of our team and actively contributes to the firm’s annual business planning and growth strategy. As the company grows, we expect that there will be opportunities for advancement for the person in this role.
- An enthusiastic promoter of nonprofit causes
- Committed to achieving diversity, equity and inclusion both within the company and beyond.
- No less than three years of development experience with a broad understanding of fundraising strategies and tactics used for annual fund, major gifts, and corporate and foundation outreach. Experiences with donor relations and frontline fundraising preferred;
- Energized by building relationships and able to effectively communicate with colleagues, clients, and others in a direct and respectful manner;
- Exhibit ingenuity and ability to create and execute new ideas and approaches for client projects;
- Systems-oriented with superior project management skills, ability to set, meet, and beat deadlines;
- Digital savvy, with knowledge of digital fundraising tools and databases;
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Creative problem-solving skills to provide helpful solutions with an ultimate goal of achieving the highest possible level of client satisfaction;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Compensation and Benefits Package
The base salary is $45,000 annually with quarterly bonus opportunities totaling $10,000 annually. Depending on a candidate’s skills and experience, there may be opportunities to earn commissions on client renewals and new business. We envision advancement opportunities as the company grows.
In addition to financial compensation, Spark Point offers a robust benefits package that includes health insurance (100% employer-sponsored), 15 days paid time off, 13 company-wide holidays, and up to $500 per year reimbursed for conferences, seminars, and other professional development opportunities.
Submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experiences with nonprofit fundraising and your interest in joining a fundraising consultancy to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20, 2019.
Spark Point provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spark Point complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in Washington, DC.