Fundraising can be a taxing profession (see our post on self-care here). Clients can be demanding and loud while funders can be silent and unreachable. @@Hardly a day goes by where everything functions smoothly, but there are still many bright spots in the life of a fundraiser!@@ So although Thanksgiving has come and gone, here is a list of things for which we are thankful.
- General operating support.
- All of the individuals who support nonprofits with their time, talent, and treasure.
- @@Active and engaged board members.@@
- A community that embraces philanthropy. (via @JoshHirsch1)
- Funders that have clear guidelines and up-to-date websites.
- Supportive fundraisers who encourage and inspire us.
- Funders that communicate with transparency and urgency.
- Giving donors the opportunity to support an organization that changes the quality of life for rare disease patients. (via @DJDiG)
- The opportunity to change an organization for the better. (via @ross_kinkade)
- @@The vibrant, varied, and vigorous network that is our sector.@@
Want more content like this from Spark Point? Sign up below to receive our quarterly newsletter.